Based on my personal experience, i have figured out few places which are tourist place near Ahmedabad.
Which can be one day picnic place for weekend for families and friends :
- Gandhinagar (30 Kms)
- Chiloda – Galteshwar (Pratij) – Mahakali Vad (60 Kms)
- Mehsana – Shanku’s Water Park (60 Kms)
- Dehgam – Utkantheshwar – Kedareshwar (62 Kms)
- Dehgam – Zanzari (70 Kms)
- Siddhi Vinayak Mandir – Mehmdabad – Pij – Vadtal (70 Kms)
- Swapnashtrushti – Amarnath – Mahudi – Tirupati Rushivan Park (75 Kms)
- Shilaj – Thol Lake (35 Kms)
- Sanand – Bavla – Nalsarovar (60 Kms)
- Bagodara – Arnej – Ganeshpura (68 Kms)
- Matar – Pariyej (60Kms)
1. Gandhinagar – 30 Kms
- Akshardham (Monday Closed) The beautiful temple is located in the city. It has many things to do. Here are the list of it
- Interactive Museum (Duration 3 Hours) – It shows the various point of the life and includes the famous movie Mystic India (45 mins) only in 1 theater in Gujarat. It is amazing movie, never miss it.
- Amusement park
- Laser show with Sound and water – (similar to singapore’s Song of the sea)
- Sarita Udhyan – This is the place for the picnic and having garden beside the river. It is located in the Gandhinagar. Now a days it becomes a picnic spot.
- Indroda Park / Zoo (30 km from ahmedabad) – The park is located at the Indroda village near Gandhinagar. It is very large park having the varieties of artificial large dinosaur. Park has offering a bicycle to view inside. It will take approx 2 hours to view entire park. Keep the food / water with you. The park is famous in bird watcher too.
- Dholeshwar Temple – Temple is located at the Sabarmati river before the Gandhinagar. It is very peaceful place and good for picnic as well. You can have nice view of the GIFT city tower and the river.
2. Galteshwar (Pratij) – Mahakali Vad (60 Kms)
- Mahakali Vad – This is famous vad (banyan tree) which is one of the most widest tree of the gujarat. It may be second after the kabirwad. The temple of the Mahakali Devi situated in the middle of the trunk. This vad is spreading around 5 meters each year. Thanks to the farmers who donate the land for this tree and showing the interest in progress of vad.
- Good for – 1-2 Hours time spending with family
- Special Notes – There is limited facility so carry some food / water with you and it is good if you arrange your own transportation.
- Location – This vad is located near the chiloda towards the himmatnagar. After chiloda chokdi, find the board of the Mahakali vad (Kantarpur). It is 18 km from Chiloda. The Road is narrow but natural with many villages.
- Galteshwar (Pratij) – About temple, I do not have much information 😦 but is the good temple/view of sabarmati. Sabarmati’s sand is really amaze you when you pass through the kotar to reach galteshwar. Near to it there is bridge and check dam.
- Location – From the chiloda, go towards the pratij. before pratij take left turn towards mahudi. Mahudi is 12 km from this place but last 4 km road is not good. (As per the 15th Nov 2015)
3. Mehsana – Shanku’s Water Park (60 Kms)
- Shanku’s Water Park – Water park and resorts. Cool water park near Mehsana. It is on the way of Ahmedabad Mehsana.
- Fees – 350 Rs Per person.
- Timing – 10 AM to 5 PM
15th Nov 2015 based on website – www.waterworldresort.com
4. Utkantheshwar – Kedareshwar (62 Kms)
5. Dehgam Zanzari (70 Kms)
- Zanzari Water Falls – Zanzari water fall is situated on Rocky zone of river Vatrak. It is 70 kms from ahmedabad. From dehgam, take turn towards bayad the road is narrow but worth going it. There is limoted transportation and food available so prefer to keep private vehicle and food for you and family. From the parking area around 1 to 2 km you have go walk to reach falls. The road rocky. It’s really nice place to visit. On Sunday and holiday its remain crowded. There are lot of peacocks you can find near parking area. We had seen approx 20 peocock at same place.
6. Siddhi Vinayak Mandir – Pij – Vadtal (70 Kms)
7. Swapnashtrushti – Amarnath – Mahudi – Tirupati Rushivan Park (75 Kms)
- Swapna Shrushti Water park – 50 Km away from Ahmedabad (Gandhinagar – Vijapur Highway), on the bank of river in eye-pleasing & natural atmosphere.
Location : Near Amrapur Village, Grambharti cross road, Gandhinagar Mahudi Highway
Phone : 9824304705
- Monday to Friday Rs. 300/- (Verified on 30th Dec 2014)
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays Rs. 350/- (Verified on 30th Dec 2014)
- Amarnath Dham
- is divine and world’s first ‘CAVE-TEMPLE’ situated at Gujarat (India). There is a 5 feet high ‘shiv-ling’ (ICE-LINGAM) of pure ice. The pious icelingan of Amarnath Dham is available for worship through out the year.Amarnath Dham is situated on a eye-catching panorama of Sabarmati river-bank at Amarapur village of Mansa tehsil. ( Dist. Gandhinagar ) In vicinity of Amarnath Dham.
- Personal experience : we visited in January. We reached at swapnashrushti and then little ahead it is parking area Available.
- From there you can reach to amarnath by walking or in jeep. Jeep charges (including return) was 30 rs/ person. The temple is large and it is actually made from ice. By giving some amount you can touch to ling.
- Behind it there is caved which has 12 jyotirling darshan. It will take approx 20-25 mins to visit it.
- Near to temple there is downstairs which takes you to river sabarmati.
- There is refreshments area where you can have snacks and tea.
- There is children rides too where kids can have lot of fun.
- We return back from jeep. Jeep run is adventures passing from the sand mountains. Must visit place if you travel mahudi or swapnashrushti. On average it takes 1.5 to 2 hours. Its very peaceful place too.
- Location : It is 1 km from the swapnashrishti water park.
8. Shilaj – Thol Lake (35 Kms)
- Thol bird Sanctuary – Now a days it is attract more visitors compare to Nalsarovar.
- In Thol, boating is not permitted so one can find lots of birds there. Must take binocular with you else you can’t see bird from close distance.
- There is watch tower and ecotourist center inside the sanctuary area. The vehicle charges are applicable if you want to reach to watch tower and center. Charges are 400+ Rs for the vehicle. It is 1.5 km from the main gate to reach the watch tower.
- Best time to visit : 05 to 08 AM + 4 to 6 PM and in most winter : Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb. Also you can see the birds during the sunset while they are arriving back to the lake from fields.
- Location :
From Ahmedabad : Thaltej > SP Ringroad > Shilaj > Thol Lake
From Sanand : Sanand > Thol Lake > Kadi
- Fees : There is vehicle permit fees and entry fees per person. I do not know exact amount
9. Sanand – Bavla – Nalsarovar (60 Kms)
- Maniar’s Wonderland Snow Park (11 am to 8 pm)
Snow Park Fees (as on 30-12-2014) : 350 Rs /Adult & 310 Rs / Child (45 Mins)
Other fees : Activities Fees : 30 Rs/Person which you can use in several activities like Aqua Roller | Aqua Ball | Zip Line | Aqua Splash | Break Dance Bumping Car | Desert Bikes | Zorb | Masti Planet | Sit and slide Joy Train | Jumping Jack | Fun House | Play Zone | Crazy car Joy | Boats | Wonder Chair | Sling Shot
Location : Sarkhej Chowkdi > maniar wonderland > Sanand
Website – http://maniarsnowpark.com/
- Splash Water Park
Phone No: +91-909-907-3801/02/03/04/05
Location : Sarkhej-Sanand Road, Vill. Telav-kolat Road, Ahmedabad
Timings : 10:00Am-5:00Pm
Prices (as on 30-12-2014)
Adult Above 4’6” ft height – Rs. 400/- With food : Rs. 550/-
Child Below 4’6″ ft height Rs. 350/- With food : Rs.450/-
Child below 2’9″ ft height Complimentary
- Kensville Golf & Country Club – 51 km
Activities : 18 Hole Championship Golf Course | Swimming pool | Tennis Court | Gymnasium| Squash Court | Cricket | Golf Training on request | Table Tennis | Kids play Area | Pool Table | Basket Ball | Volley Ball Court | Bedminton | Spa | Bird watching
- Nalsarovar Lake – 60 KM
Nalsarovar is paradise for the bird watcher and well place for the picnic. Best time to visit is November to March. Early morning and evening is best time to visit there. There are lots of beyt in the lake. One beyt has local shepherds provides a kathiyavadi dish (bajra rotlo + sabji + pickel). Please check this separate page for Nalsarovar
10. Bagodara – Arnej – Ganeshpura (68 Kms)
Ganeshpura is located around 14 km from bagodara junction. It is place for lord ganesh also picnic spot. You can get good wafers and other Street shopping near by. There is another temple (Butbhavani ma) near village arnej. Also you can travel to lothal if you have time. Reach back to Ahmedabad via dholka is other alternative.
11. Matar – Pariyej (60Kms)
Matar pariyej is located at on the road of Nadiad to Khambhaat. It is narrow road and wetlands side on the road. After matar you can see various birds on left sides. Later on you will see pariyej wetland board where you can go to watch tower to see big shallow lake.where you can spare some times in the interpretation center.